Saturday, October 14, 2017

Have You Tried a Color by Number Activity?

Have you tried using color by number activities in your math classroom?
 If not, maybe it's time.
Color by number activities provide valuable practice combined with the creative, yet calming, outlet of coloring.  Check out some of the benefits.  (A Google search will turn up many more.) 

Another thing to love about color by number activities is that they are self-checking.  This not only helps teachers in terms of grading, but provides a way for students to monitor their progress as they work.

I receive lots of feedback from teachers who enjoy using the finished pictures to decorate their classrooms!

And ... if you think this type of assignment is easy, think again!  A well-designed activity can be very challenging.  
I usually hand out the questions and coloring page at the same time.  However, some teachers tell me that they have students complete all of the math problems first.  Then, they hand out the coloring sheet.  Some teachers make it optional.  

Obviously, I don't use a color by number lesson every day.  However, this type of activity is a great way to change things up and keep kids engaged!

The types of pictures I've designed for my color by number activities have evolved over time.  Take a look at them here.


I have bundled all of the 71 color by number activities I've created.  For the rest of October 2017, I am having a special sale with this Color by Number Bundle, a $144 value, marked down to only $50.  This is a growing bundle, so your purchase will entitle you to receive all future color by number activities I create FREE.  Enjoy!

1 comment: