Saturday, September 9, 2017

MATHO!

I think MATHO is my favorite review game. 


It is easy to play and kids love it!  

As a teacher, it is easy for me to set up, and I know my students are getting great practice, so it is easy to justify "game day".  It's a win for everyone!

I have made some MATHO games in which I cut questions apart, draw them from a container, and read them to students.  Others involve a student handout that is much like a study guide.  For these games, I roll a 30-sided die to randomly select problems.  You could also put slips of paper with problem numbers on them into a container and select problems that way. 


I keep track of the questions I have selected and the answers to them on the sticky note.

Yes!  An effective review ...
Students mark answers with highlighters, switching colors each round.  There are no beans all over my floor.  😜

You can find MATHO games here on a variety of middle and high school topics.  Instructions are included with the materials.  If you have an idea for one you don't see, please let me know.  I'd love to create one for you!


Here is a MATHO game about using the Pythagorean Theorem.



No comments:

Post a Comment