Thursday, August 31, 2017

Motivate the Easy (Button) Way

It is amazing how motivating an Easy Button can be!

I've had mine ever since my husband tucked this one into my Christmas stocking several years ago.  I took it to school and it sat on my desk for a while, but was often covered by papers.  (I'm sure this never happens to anyone else, right?)  Because of this it rarely got used.  Eventually, it ended up in my desk drawer and I forgot all about it.

Last year, as I was cleaning that desk drawer, I noticed it.  Now, it is hard to look at an Easy Button and not test it out ... so, I did ... and the batteries were dead.



After replacing the batteries, I proudly set it out on my desk.  Before it got covered up with papers again, a student noticed it.  Of course, the student asked to push it.  My response was, "Get a 100% on your assignment and I'll let you do it."


Just like that, the Easy Button became a wonderful motivational tool.  Middle school kids put extra effort into their work just so they could push the Easy button!

Now, the Staples Easy Button is a staple in my classroom!  




No comments:

Post a Comment